Friday, April 10, 2009

Life: 14,297 .... Peace: 0

Hi there! Miss me? :-)

So ... 3 and a bit months since my self-proclaimed year of peace, and unfortunately no peace to be had as yet. Most days I'm a little like this flower .... dying around the edges, and trying hard to keep my bright center alive.



Some wonderful days I'm more like this sunflower ... bright and cheery. I hold my head high and can tackle anything that comes my way.

Some days I put on a mask and hide from the world.

And every day ... I hope I soon find the key that unlocks the door to my ideal (and peaceful!) world.


2009 so far (in dot points!)
  • 1 new nephew
  • 1 16 year old daughter who now has a boyfriend
  • 1 (now cured) flickr obsession
  • 1 photography workshop
  • 1 shortish haircut
  • 1 burnt fringe with hair straighteners!
  • 1 hens day
  • 1 wedding
  • 1 x 1 year old birthday party
  • 1 x 3 year old birthday party
  • 1 25th wedding anniversay
  • 1 x 65th birthday
  • 1 ultrasound
  • 1 lovely brother came to live with me
  • 2 nights at the outdoor movies
  • 2 friends with babies on the way
  • 2 x 16 year old fancy dress birthday parties
  • 2 dinners out
  • 2kg weight loss
  • 2 indoor movies
  • 3 concerts
  • 6 parent/teacher interviews
  • some wine
  • moderate amount of anger
  • a fair amount of tears
  • quite a bit of chocolate :-)
  • and lots and lots of reasons to be grateful.

4 comments:

clare b said...

Yes i missed. Thank you for updating us on your world. I loved your list - and would love to see this shorter hair cut! Maybe I should be venturing over to Flickr. I HAVE GOT to call you so we can have a genuine catch up. Tis been too long. X

Kimberly said...

when you find the key that unlocks that inner peace, send it my way.

i am sad i haven't been able to meet you yet. from what i have exerienced, you are remarkable. please remember that. your words touch me.

life is a lot to sort out. just take it day by day. some day i hope our paths will cross.

Kari said...

oh, dear jo, how I wish that I could give you a great big hug and hold you for a bit. I'm sending a lump of peaceful and happy vibes your way--do tell me if you get them.

Love you, darling friend.

Michelle Springer said...

Your flower photos are super duper cool. For reals Jo bear. I ADORE you. I hate to hear you have been feeling under the weather. Sending all my good vibes to Australia, just for you!

Kisses and Hugs,

xoxoxo
Mic